Introduction to DiSC
Have you ever wondered why connection with some people is easier for you than with others?
Maybe you’ve noticed that you relate better to colleagues who focus more on teamwork and providing support.
Or, maybe you’re more comfortable working with those who take a more easy going approach than those who approach every task with intensity.
Or, perhaps you relate best to people who are more diplomatic than forceful.
Welcome to Everything DiSC Workplace™, The DiSC model is a simple tool that’s been helping people to connect better for over thirty years. The report uses your individual assessment data to provide a wealth of information about your workplace priorities and preferences. In addition, you’ll learn how to connect better with colleagues whose priorities and preferences differ from yours.
Cornerstone Principles of Everything DiSC Workplace
- All DiSC styles and priorities are equally valuable and everyone is a blend of all four styles.
- Your work style is also influenced by other factors such as life experiences, education and maturity.
- Understanding yourself better is the first step to becoming more effective when working with others.
- Learning about other people’s DiSC styles can help you understand their priorities and how they may differ from your own.
- You can improve the quality of your workplace by using DiSC to build more effective relationships.
Bill Franklin is certified to train DiSC through Inscape Publishing, Minneapolis, MN, now owned by John Wiley & Sons.
™Everything DiSC Workplace is a registered trademark of John Wiley and Sons, Inc.